With the rise in pollution and stress and of course, how can we forget our demanding jobs, the first negative effect that we can see easily is losing the glow of our skin. Fine lines and pigmentation start showing their nasty side from a young age now. Therefore, it has become more than necessary to ensure that we take out at least 5 minutes from our busy schedule everyday and pamper our skin.
- Wash your face with a mild anti-bacterial soap or a mild face wash:- When you come back home from office or anywhere else, always come back and wash your hands, face and feet with a mild soap or face/body wash. It not only helps you stay fresh and look better, but also helps in ensuring that dust or smoke does not block your pores.
- Do not mix too many products:- Our skin can sustain even in harsh conditions. However, it definitely takes a toll on us in the long run. Thus, do not try to put too many products on your skin assuming that each layer will act a protective shield. Always check what suits or what doesn’t before purchasing it and obviously, before applying it on your body.
- Always moisturize well:- Our skin can sustain even in harsh conditions. However, it definitely takes a toll on us in the long run. Thus, do not try to put too many products on your skin assuming that each layer will act a protective shield. Always check what suits or what doesn’t before purchasing it and obviously, before applying it on your body.
- Use home products to save the skin from harsh chemicals:- You can use a lot of face packs or body scrubs from ingredients that are easily available at home. Products like dahi (curd), besan (gram-flour), haldi (turmeric), honey and milk are great ways to maintain baby-soft and tan-free skin.
- Drink water:-A lot of people confuse drinking liquids with drinking water. Water is H2O. Simple! Tea or coffee is not a substitute for water. Nor is a glass of lassi or chaas (Buttermilk).According to the doctor, we should have 8 glasses of water every day. This is ideal, however, depending on your weight and body type, it may vary and you may be advised to have anywhere between 8 – 12 glasses of water. If you work out every day, since you sweat a lot, it is always advisable that you balance/maintain your water level.
- Drink healthy liquids and eat healthy foods:- Coconut water, lemonade (water based – not soda), butter milk, fresh fruit juices and fresh fruits, nuts, green vegetables and an over-all balanced diet are a great way to not only maintain our energy level but are also beneficial for our skin. Do not give up on junk food entirely, but try to control your regular cravings for fried or road-side food as they are not really the best acquaintances for our skin.
- Remove make-up really well:- Sleeping with your make-up is the worst thing that you can do to your skin. However “natural” your foundation or concealer maybe, it definitely have chemicals added to it. The longer you keep make-up on your face, the more it will penetrate your skin. Always use a mild cleanser or cleansing milk to remove the make-up well and end the routine by dabbing cold rose water on your skin for a soothing effect.
- Sleep well:- An adult between the age of 21 – 55 needs at least 7hrs of peaceful sleep every night. If you sleep lesser or more than this, it will definitely take a toll on your skin too. Because, if you sleep more, it means that your skin will face dehydration and if you sleep less, you are stressed which automatically translates into bad skin or skin problems.
- Do not believe everything you see on TV or the internet:- Shahrukh Khan endorsing a cream or Yami Gautam taking her “nikhaar” from “yahan se wahan” doesn’t mean that it will work for you. Trust me, they do not use these products themselves and these products don’t really work well. It may for some, but here “some” is the keyword. Just because a certain cream worked for your friend, it doesn’t necessarily guarantee positive results for you as well. So be safe and choose wisely.
Also Read : I am not fat, I am just different
Women do not really like it when you talk to them or suggest things according to their age, but it is a fact and there is no running from it. We all are going to grow older and have wrinkles and grey hair. Thus, the better you manage your life, the better you take care of your skin and follow healthy practices, more beneficial it shall prove for you in the long run.
Use products and follow practices according to your skin, body and life-style. What works for your friends may not work for you and vice-versa. Just take care of yourself in the best way possible and suitable for you.
Also, skin care regime or practices are not restricted to just women. Men should and they need to take care of their skin too. Thus, all the male readers of this post feel free to follow what I have shared or explore more options for a soft and shiny + healthy skin!
Do you also want to inspire the people by your own story? Click here
Subscribe the blogs, to stay tuned for the updates of posts:-
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Latest posts by Rashim Aulakh (see all)
- An Open Letter to everyone who doesn’t know “WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO IN LIFE!” - February 12, 2018
- Let your child know about the importance of Protection and Hygiene - January 4, 2018
- All about relationships coming to an end! - December 30, 2017