“The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” – Bill Copeland
The importance of goal in our lives is undeniable. Without setting a goal for future, our future will have no value. Goals are the driving force of our present life. Setting right goal is one way of having a great future. It is a way of achieving greater success in life. If you don’t understand what you want in the first place, the percentage of your success comes down. To understand your goals better ask questions to yourself, “What do I want my life to be?”, “Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?”, “Is my goal towards wealth or to enlightenment?” etc. Try to seek answers to this question; it would help you in finding answers about your goals.
“You need a plan to build a house. To build a life, it is even more important to have a plan or goal.” – Zig Ziglar
Be careful while choosing your goals. Don’t be impulsive. Make sure the goals set by you are of your interest as it inspires you to do it. When you have a goal close to your heart, the motivation to pursue it flows spontaneously. But keep your goals realistic, don’t go after unrealistic goals. A realistic goal is attainable with hard work while its vice-versa for the unrealistic goals. But it’s also true that what may be unrealistic for some maybe realistic for other.
Some reasons for setting up goals for your life are-
- To take control of your life.
- To get your desired results.
- To create accountability of your own life.
- To motivate yourself.
- To strive for the best.
- Live your desired life.
Now after you have set goals for your life, make sure to implement those in your life and follow them rigorously without fail. We must be careful in setting goals and we must avoid making mistakes while setting a goal.
Some of the common mistakes are-
- Focusing on too many areas: – Many people focus solely on their work when they set goals. However, you can’t neglect activities that bring you joy. Goals like writing a book, competing in an adventure race, or starting a home garden might also be incredibly important for your happiness and well-being.
- Not accepting failure: – Humans tend to associate failure with being a loser which is completely wrong, for every failure has more lessons to offer them success.
- Setting “other people’s goals”:- Many-a-times our own goals fluctuate due to the presence of the people around us which is wrong. Goals should always be your own.
- Not reviewing progress: – It takes time to accomplish goals. And sometimes it can feel that you aren’t making much progress. This is why it’s important to take stock of everything that you’ve accomplished on a regular basis. Set small sub-goals, celebrate your successes, and analyze what you need to do to keep moving forward. No matter how slow things seem, you probably are making progress.
- Setting too many goals:- When you start setting goals, you may see many things that you want to accomplish. So you start setting goals in all areas. The problem with this is that you have a fixed amount time and energy. If you try to focus on many different goals at once, you can’t give individual goals the attention they deserve.
[perfectpullquote align=”full” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]Also Read :- Embrace Failure in the same way you embrace Success[/perfectpullquote]
So, I hope after reading this article you will be clearer regarding your goal in life. Keep setting goals and achieve them all in this very life.
Do you also want to inspire the people by your own story? Click here
Subscribe the blogs, to stay tuned for the updates of posts:-
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]