Sharing is Caring-

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, and catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.

—   Mark Twain

The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative is called Inspiration. This is basically the technical definition of inspiration. In other words, an inspiration is a sudden brilliant or timely idea. We are all aware of this widely used term in the world. We all find inspiration in one form or other. We all accept inspirational ideas more frequently than anything else. What we are not certain about are, how to use inspiration? How to utilize it to the fullest?

Ideas are a natural process; we can get an idea or say inspiration in one form or the other. It is more likely that the idea one successful business entrepreneur had in his mind, most certainly came in our minds too. This is possible because all our minds are alike. Some work differently, some work the other way round of course but in the end, we are all made up of the same soil. What we do not do right is we do not utilize the inspiration quite well. In other words, we do not know how to use the inspiration.

The main reason or step to success is dependent upon our efficiency to use our inspiration. It is one thing to get an inspiration and it is another to totally utilize it. Without having the ability to use and inspiration, it is a total waste.

Thomas Edison once said “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.”

This quotation has been seen many places. People use it all the time to teach us how to work, how to use inspiration. What we are not taught is what he actually meant by saying so. By this quote, he meant that 1% of the inspiration is the idea of inspiration itself and the rest 99% is the hard work and the smart work we have used to achieve it. It is not possible always that one might just know how to use the inspiration.

But like inspiration, which can be acquired from the works of other people, the usage of it can also be acquired by other people. One has to build the sense of observation in order to know how other people used their ideas. How to utilize them to make the most of it? By utilize, I mean the maximum utility of the resource that came in our brain. It is one thing to use an idea and the other to make full of it. One can be rich by having one idea and richer by another. That’s the main difference in the usage of inspiration.

The optimum margin is to be kept in order to get a total success. One has to be thoughtful as, like inspiration, the idea to use it is also present everywhere and sometimes in our own brain too. All we are to do is to open up a little bit and a little more, if necessary.

Ideas and inspiration is everywhere. When a parent sees his kid growing up, he also notices the falls the kid faces. What one has to see is how they get the ideas of something that seems totally silly but is totally worth it to learn while growing up. These things seem small when we see others doing it but these small things actually mean big success. The foremost step in this is to never underestimate one’s own idea. And never overestimate your own self too much. One has to learn to appreciate small things because an ocean is made of small droplets only.

McKinsey & Company survey among global executives found that only 6% were satisfied with the innovation performance of their organizations. Innovation is necessary to the success of any idea. One has to see what others did and how they used their inspiration and then one can also think of something innovative in order to stand out.

In this recent survey, only 6% people were satisfied. One has to also see that satisfaction is also observed in one’s work. Innovation and satisfaction with optimum utilization is totally essential for the success of any work and without them, one cannot say that he had an inspiration and he used it well.

Sources of inspiration are everywhere. Inspiration, by definition, incorporates feeling. So, to be inspired, there should be a positive emotional response. Companies are now able to master this capability by the increase in technology in a repeatable way to gain the ability to create a continual stream of successful and many times breakthrough innovations.

Successfully achieving this deeper level of understanding of behaviors in people would be the key to unlock such mysteries as to why a typical grocery shopper has one set of items on their shopping list which they state that they intend to buy yet a slightly different set of items which they finally almost always end up buying in the basket at the store. Finally, there is the business context. The way to understand this fully one has to understand the meaning of total usage of inspiration in a businesslike manner.

Sharing is Caring-